The UNCG School of HHS will honor many alumni this year.
Distinguished Alumni Award: Vikki Krane, PhD. Dr. Krane earned a PhD in Exercise and Sport Science (now Kinesiology) in 1990.
Lifetime Legacy Award: Vira Kivett, PhD. Dr. Kivett earned a PhD in Child Development and Family Relations in 1976. She earned a BS (1955) and MS (1960) in Home Economics Education at Woman’s College
Public Service Award: Mary Ross (Rossie) Lindsey. Mrs. Lindsey earned a BS in Home Economics Education in 1963
Emerging Leader Award: Juné Rogers, MPH. Ms. Rogers earned an MPH in Health Education in 2005.
The HHS Pacesetter Awards will go to:
- Louise Raleigh (MA, 1983) for the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dr. Candice Bruton (BS, 1993) for the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation
- Ann Katherine (Kate) Foreman (MS, 2009) for the Genetic Counseling Program
- Brittany Singhas (MS, 2011) for the Gerontology Program
- Dr. Kari Adamsons (MS, 2002; PhD, 2006) for the Department of Human Development and Family Studies
- Vicki Simmons (BS, 1975; MS, 1984) for the Department of Kinesiology
- Dr. Corinth Auld (BS, 2000; PhD, 2006) for the Department of Nutrition
- Barry Murray (MA, 2014) for the Department of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Mossaab Benhammou (MPH, 2011) for the Department of Public Health Education
- Audrey Hart (BSW, 2012) for the Department of Social Work
These awards will be presented at the HHS Alumni Awards reception on April 11, 2015, at 6 p.m. in Cone Ballroom, EUC.