The following University message was sent to all employees on April 6, 2021.
We are pleased to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of UNCG faculty in teaching, research, mentoring, and service. Due to COVID-19, we are unable to gather to celebrate the extraordinary contributions of the honorees but are nonetheless proud of their achievements. Please join us in congratulating the award recipients listed below; more information about the awards, the awardees, and video features are available here.
And, please look for the full-page tribute to these deserving faculty in the Greensboro News & Record on Sunday, April 11, 2021, as well as forthcoming detailed UNCG News stories about the recipients.
- UNC BOG Excellence in Teaching Award: Dr. Rebecca MacLeod, Professor, School of Music
- Mary Settle Sharp Award for Teaching Excellence: Dr. Sarah Daynes, Professor, Dept. of Sociology
- James Y. Joyner Award for Teaching Excellence: Dr. Sally Koerner, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biology
- Anna Maria Gove Award for Teaching Excellence: Ms. Kim Cuny, Senior Academic Professional, Dept. of Communication Studies
- UNCG Online Award for Excellence in Online Education: Dr. Elizabeth Lewis, Visiting Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
Instruction/Education Related Awards
- Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award: Dr. Laurie Wideman, Safrit-Ennis Distinguished Professor, Dept. of Kinesiology
- Thomas Undergraduate Research Mentor Award, Pre-tenured Category: Dr. Chris Wahlheim, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Psychology
- Thomas Undergraduate Research Mentor Award, Post-tenured Category: Dr. Sharon Morrison, Professor, Dept. of Public Health Education; and Dr. Sudha Shreeniwas, Associate Professor, Dept. of Human Development and Family Studies
- Thomas Undergraduate Research Mentor Award, Non-tenured Category: Dr. Aileen Reid, Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept. of Educational Research Methodology
- Student Learning Enhancement Awards: Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Advising Excellence Award: Dr. Pamela Ladrow, Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Psychology
Service Leadership Awards
- Gladys Strawn Bullard Award: Dr. Rebecca Adams, Professor, Gerontology Program
- Holshouser Award for Excellence in Public Service Nominee: Dr. Stephen Sills, Professor, Dept. of Sociology
- O. Max Gardner Nominee: Dr. Omar Ali, Dean, Lloyd International Honors College
Research Excellence Awards
- Senior Research Excellence Award: Dr. Jennifer Etnier, Julia Taylor Morton Distinguished Professor, Dept. of Kinesiology
- Junior Research Excellence Award: Dr. Gabriela Livas Stein, Professor, Dept. of Psychology
In addition, Faculty Excellence in Research & Creative Activity awards were given to faculty in each unit. Please click here for a full list of recipients.
Please join us in congratulating these outstanding faculty!
Franklin D. Gilliam, Jr.
Interim Provost and Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement
Photography by Martin W. Kane, University Communications