But first, enjoy a comedy show tonight (Wednesday, Oct. 29) at 7 p.m., sponsored by the Campus Activities Board. The free-admission show will be in EUC Auditorium.
Thursday will feature activities such as:
- 6 p.m. — Alumni of Distinction Dinner (Cone Ballroom, EUC) Click here to register and view a list of this year’s award recipients.
- 8-11 p.m. — Nightmare on College Avenue – Sponsored by the Campus Activities Board (College Avenue) Free Admission
Friday, Halloween night, features lots of events including
- 9–11 p.m. — Bonfire & Halloween Costume Contest – Sponsored by the Campus Activities Board and the UNCG Alumni Association (Kaplan Commons)
The big day will be Saturday. A few highlights:
Saturday, November 1
- 9 a.m. — Homecoming 5K – Sponsored by Campus Rec and Staff Senate (Spartan Statue)
- Noon – 3 p.m. — Rugby Alumni 37th Annual Past vs. Present match (Campus Rec Field)
- 2-5 p.m. – “Randall Jarrell & His Students” – Sponsored by The MFA Writing Program and the Class of 1952 Excellence Professorship (Alumni House, Virginia Dare Room) Free Admission – Register here.
- 2-4 p.m. — Museum Tours and Family Gallery Hunt (Weatherspoon Art Museum) Free Admission
Homecoming Party at Kaplan Commons
A host of fun activities for the kids that include: sand art, bracelet making, temporary tattoos, face painting, an inflatable slide and balloon twisting from the incredible Professor Whizzpop. Free admission
Fun tunes from 107.5 KZL. Jared Pike from the Jared & Katie Morning Show will keep you entertained before the parade starts rolling around from College Ave. After the parade, The Breakfast Club will take you back in time with the best Rock & Pop from the 80’s.
Southern Style meal featuring Stamey’s Old Fashioned Barbeque
Stamey’s famous BBQ and slaw, grilled chicken, salt potatoes, greens beans, pasta a la vodka and more. It’s hard to believe we’re only charging $5 a person! UNCG students eat free with valid student ID.
Please help us with our planning by registering here.
Beer & Wine Garden – Sponsored by Natty Greene’s Brewing Co.
There’s no better place to meet old friends and share a favorite beverage – and much easier than attempting to go back and relive your college years.
Student Party at Moran Commons
It’s not the Caf anymore! Walk over and hang with the students – feel free to walk under the clock tower, if you’ve already graduated!
Alumni Tent Receptions
Meet up with classmates at one of many tent receptions: Zero Class Reunion – Class of 2014, Bryan School, Woman’s College Alumnae, School of Nursing, School of Education, School of Health & Human Sciences, School of Music Theatre and Dance, College of Arts and Sciences, Rugby Alumni, Intercollegiate Athletics & The UNCG Spartan Club and Greek Alumni.
Homecoming Parade of Chariots
A UNCG tradition since 1982! To register an entry in the parade, click here.
5:30 – 9 p.m.
The Breakfast Club
This ultimate 80’s tribute band.
And here are more events in the evening:
- 5 p.m. — Women’s Volleyball vs. Furman (Fleming Gym)
- 7 p.m. — Introduction of Homecoming Court (Kaplan Commons, Main Stage)
- 7:30 p.m. — Men’s Soccer vs. Virginia Military Institute (Soccer Stadium)
- 8:30 p.m. — Homecoming King & Queen Coronation – Halftime of soccer match (Soccer Stadium)
- 9:30 p.m. — Homecoming Fireworks Show – immediately following the game (Soccer Stadium)
- 10 p.m. — 10th Annual All Black Attire Party (Cone Ballroom, EUC) Register here
The full schedule for each day is at http://homecoming.uncg.edu/hmcmng/2014/schedule/.