The Office of Leadership and Service-Learning and the Office of Undergraduate Research announce this year’s request for Community-Based Research Proposals. Application deadline is Monday, May 9, at midnight.
Two interest meetings will be held:
- Monday, April 25, noon-1 p.m., Dogwood Room, EUC
- Thursday, April 28, Noon-1 p.m., Dogwood Room, EUC
The Community-Based Research (CBR) Initiation Grant supports proposals that represent collaborative partnerships among community partner, student and faculty teams. Projects should advance the development of community partner capacity, student learning through the high impact practice of undergraduate research, and facilitate the evolution of faculty scholarly identity as it relates to community-identified needs. The goal of this community-based research grant is to support the agenda of each team member while simultaneously grounding the process in mutual development of all three entities.
- Project Award is $1,000 (state funds deposited into department account)
- Undergraduate Student: $1,500 award
- Graduate Student: $1,000 research award (sponsorship pending)
For more information, visit http://olsl.uncg.edu/cbr/grants/