The Faculty Teaching & Learning Commons (FTLC) and Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creativity Office (URSCO) seek a UNCG faculty member to serve as Teaching Fellow for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Potential applicants interested in this opportunity should submit responses to the following questions as a word document to FTLC@uncg.edu by April 26, 2014.
- Name, Department, Unit, Department Chair.
- Describe your teaching philosophy, particularly around integrating research into the curriculum.
- What interests you about working with the FTLC and URSCO to provide faculty development related to participation with undergraduate research?
- What most interests you about working with undergraduates in a mentoring relationship?
- Describe your experience working with undergraduate research.
- Please provide one reference.
The FTLC promotes a collaborative community of scholars to enhance teaching, learning, research, and creative activity. The goal of the FTLC Fellows program is to identify, support and disseminate new ideas and pedagogical practices in specific areas by connecting teaching expertise with UNCG faculty—and all those who teach. Fellows are the heart and soul of the FTLC.
Expectations for all FTLC fellows include:
- Monthly meetings and activity reports, participation at FTLC events, and recruiting and connecting with other faculty about teaching.
- Compensation for individual Fellows varies depending upon particular needs and situations. For example, previously compensation has taken the form of add pay, course release, or professional development funds.