The UNCG Environmental Health and Safety Department will sponsor the first-ever “Spartan Safety Week” November 6-10, 2017.
This will be week full of activities for staff, faculty, and students designed to engage the campus community, emphasize safety resources available on campus, and promote an overall positive safety culture. Activities will include:
- Monday, November 6 – EH&S Chemical Safety Facility Open House, 724 Stirling Ave. – Corner of Oakland & Stirling, 11 am -2 pm. Enjoy complimentary food.
- Tuesday and Thursday, November 7 and 9 – Safety Seminars, 9 am-noon – EUC Maple Room
- Wednesday, November 8 – Dorm Room Fire and Emergency Responder Demos, 11 am -1 pm – Kaplan Commons
- Friday November 10 – Dr. Scott Geller, Keynote Address and Book Signing – 10-11 am EUC Auditorium Visit http://www.safetyperformance.com/.
A YouTube video of a TedTalk by Dr. Geller may be viewed here.
The following community safety partners will be participating in the week-long activities on campus:
- Healthy UNCG
- Greensboro Fire Department
- UNCG Campus Police Dept.
- UNCG Emergency Management
Visit www.safetyuncg.edu for full information.