Several partners across Guilford County – including Guilford County Schools, the Weaver Foundation, UNC Greensboro’s Department of Communication Studies and LEAP Project, the Greater High Point Food Alliance, the Greensboro Community Food Task Force, and Guilford Education Alliance – have worked together during this COVID-19 crisis to create a list of food resources for Greater Greensboro and Greater High Point. The lists include resources for:
- Food assistance
- Grocery store information
- Farms and farmers’ markets
- Local restaurants for takeout and delivery
- Volunteer opportunities
- Donation opportunities
The organizers are providing the following Google Docs to help locate food and communicate with communities. These lists will be updated regularly. If you see a resource that needs to be added to the list, please contact Marianne LeGreco at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathleen Edwards at email@example.com.
The link for Greensboro is http://bit.ly/GSOfoodDoc
The link for High Point is: http://bit.ly/HPfoodDoc
These lists originated from several merging conversations about organizing food resources. The partners related to the conversation are listed on the document below the menu. The goal is to pull together all of the people who are organizing around food, and to reduce confusion about where to go to find it.
This effort grew out of:
- Guilford County Schools publicizing their summer meal network to make sure K-12 students had access to food.
- Neighborhood farmers markets – including The Corner Farmers Market and the Greensboro Farmers Curb Market – working together to launch advanced ordering networks.
- Work by the Greater High Point Food Alliance to network resources.
UNCG is a partner in this effort, and the leadership is dispersed among several groups who are working together at the moment.
Also, see the recent article on nutrition advice by experts for ensuring good nutrition while homebound.