UNC Greensboro’s graduate programs are among the best in the nation according to the U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 Best Graduate Schools rankings.
Each year, U.S. News ranks professional school programs in business, education, engineering, law, medicine, and nursing, including specialties in each area. The rankings in these areas are based on two types of data: expert opinions about program excellence and statistical indicators that measure the quality of a school’s faculty, research, and students. U.S. News also periodically ranks programs in the sciences, social sciences and humanities, health, and other areas.
Multiple UNCG programs are recognized in the 2022 rankings. Here are some of the highlights:
- Graduate programs in Counseling and Educational Development rank No. 4 in the nation and No. 1 in North Carolina in the Student Counseling category.
- The Master of Library and Information Science program ranks No. 23 nationally, and No. 8 in the nation and No. 1 in North Carolina for the School Library Media specialty area.
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice program ranks No. 3 in North Carolina and No. 53 nationally.
- The Bryan School’s part-time MBA is tied for No. 1 in the UNC System and ranks No. 73 nationally. This is the program’s highest national ranking on record.
- The School of Education ranks No. 3 in North Carolina and No. 73 nationally, the highest national ranking on record.
- The PhD program in English ranks No. 3 in North Carolina.
- The PhD program in history ranks No. 3 in North Carolina.
- Graduate programs in public health education rank No. 3 in North Carolina.