UNC Greensboro’s graduate programs are among the best in the nation according to the U.S. News & World Report’s 2023 Best Graduate Schools rankings.
Each year, U.S. News ranks professional school programs in business, education, engineering, law, medicine, and nursing, including specialties in each area. The rankings in these areas are based on two types of data: expert opinions about program excellence and statistical indicators that measure the quality of a school’s faculty, research, and students. U.S. News also periodically ranks programs in the sciences, social sciences and humanities, health, and other areas.
Multiple UNCG programs are recognized in the 2023 rankings. Here are some of the highlights:
- Graduate programs in Counseling and Educational Development rank No. 1 in North Carolina and No. 9 in the nation in the Student Counseling category. Read about Ashley Smith ’21, who learned to empower others with her PhD.
- The School of Education ranks No. 3 in the state and No. 67 nationally for its graduate programs, the highest national ranking on record.
- The Master of Library and Information Science program ranks No. 2 in the state and No. 23 nationally.
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice program ranks No. 3 in the state and No. 47 nationally. Read about Pam McCarthy ’21, who achieved her dream through UNCG’s DNP program.
- Our Master of Arts education program in speech-language pathology ranks No. 2 in the state and No. 45 nationally.
- The Bryan School of Business and Economics’ part-time MBA program is ranked No. 3 in the UNC System and No. 5 in the state.
- Our PhD programs in English and History rank No. 3 in the state.
- Our graduate programs in public health education rank No. 3 in the state.
- Our MA in Applied Economics program ranks No. 4 in the state.
- Our Master of Social Work program ranks No. 3 in the state.
Photography by Martin W. Kane, University Communications