Jenny Southard, University Speaking Center coordinator and Communications Studies faculty member, has been appointed Student Advocate of the Communication Centers section of the National Communication Association.
The Communication Centers Section of the National Communication Association (NCA) encourages and facilitates the exchange of scholarly and professional knowledge about issues related to communication centers, including communication theory and methodology, speech communication, and other disciplines related to the study of human communication. Members of the Section support the following goals:
- Cooperation among center administrators and consultants in exchanging professional information about center operations
- Scholarly research about the impact of communication centers
- Academic exchange between communication scholars
- Professional cooperation with other associations of scholars
- Promotion of the Communication Centers initiative in higher education