The Betty Hardin Award for Excellence in Business Affairs is presented each year to a deserving permanent, full-time employee of UNCG’s Business Affairs Division. Anyone may nominate an eligible employee. Consideration is based on:
- Superior leadership to the Division of Business Affairs
- A positive and constructive attitude with high standards
- A sense of humor
- An appreciation for people
- Rendering of service above and beyond the call of duty to the university community
Employees may be nominated from all areas of Business Affairs, including:
- Campus Enterprises
- Foundation Finance
- Human Resources
- Planning and Performance
- Police and Emergency Management
- Risk, Compliance and Insurance
Betty Hardin ’80 was a certified public accountant and a graduate of Lees-McRae College and UNCG. She was a 16-year employee of UNCG who worked in the Division of Business Affairs as director of advancement services. Hardin was known for her rock-solid dependability. In 1994, she was honored with the Gladys Strawn Bullard Award for outstanding leadership and service to the University. She died in 2005 and is remembered through this award.
The deadline for nominations is March 15, 2016, at 5 p.m.
View details here.