Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the week:
- Dr. Omar Ali was featured as an expert on the PBS documentary “Reconstruction,” speaking on the aftermath of Reconstruction, the rise of sharecropping, and the political movement Black Populism. The documentary.
- The News & Record featured the naming of the Tew Recital Hall. The piece.
- Dr. Jenny Etnier spoke to Fox8 about UNCG’s upcoming clinical trial on Alzheimer’s. The piece.
- The Richmond Daily Journal featured the Spartan Passage program, which provides co-admission between Richmond Community College and UNCG. The article.
- Business North Carolina wrote a piece on the conversation on student success spurred by the screenings of “Unlikely” and talks by the filmmaker at UNCG. The piece.
- Dr. Dianne Welsh was featured among the winners of the UNC system Teaching Excellence Award in the News & Record. The article.