Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the week.
- Dr. S. Cem Bahadir, an assistant professor of marketing in the Bryan School, was featured as an expert in a story by Retail Dive on the future of Reebok after the brand was bought by Authentic Brands Group. The article.
- Dr. Warren Milteer, an assistant professor of history, was featured in the Statesville Record & Landmark newspaper as an upcoming speaker at Thursday’s Iredell Museum lecture series, where he’ll present “Freedom in the Days of Slavery: The Story of North Carolina’s Free People of Color.” The story.
- UNCG alumna Yahira Robinson ’22 was the subject of a profile feature story broadcast on WFMY-2 TV news. Robinson’s success story of being a first-generation college student was also picked up by other CBS affiliates, including WTSP-10 in Tampa, Fla. The feature.
- UNCG alumna Hannah Buntin ’21, an RN at Kernersville Medical Center, was featured in a story about National Nurses Week broadcast by WXII-12 TV news. The story.
- Dr. Omar Ali, a professor of history and Dean of Lloyd International Honors College, was featured in the Greensboro News & Record for hosting a discussion with Honors College Faculty Fellow Dr. Virginia Summey ’17, biographer of history-making judge Elreta Melton Alexander at the Greensboro History Museum. The article.