Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the week.
- Juliette Bianco and Duane Cyrus are featured in an article about becoming appointed to the Greensboro Cultural Affairs Commission. They will help develop policies on community matters related to arts and culture. The feature.
- Dr. Keith Debbage gives a quote for the Winston Salem Journal about the surge of entrepreneurship during the pandemic. The article.
- Jocelynn Lee is featured in an article about homicide in Winston Salem where she gives a quote about its roots in the United States Constitution. The article.
- Richard Cox, David Gwynn, and Erin Lawrimore are mentioned in an article about the upcoming event, A History Of Beer In The Triad, for their recently published book “North Carolina Triad Beer: A History”. The mention.
- David Gwynn and Stacey Krim give quotes about their exhibit, “Out for the Evening: a Taste of Gay Nightlife in Greensboro,” near the reference desk in UNCG’s Jackson Library which will run through mid-October. The article.
- Juliette Bianco is featured in an article by artdaily introducing the new coordinating curator of community engagement at the Weatherspoon art museum, Destiny Hemphill. The feature.
- Audrey Synder, the immediate past president of the Rural Nurse Organization, is quoted in an article about the pandemic influencing nursing rate. She says she’s lost count of how many nurses have told her they’re quitting to become travel nurses. The article.