Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the week:
- The News & Record wrote a feature on student Magloire Lubika’s efforts to destroy stigmas related to homelessness. The article.
- WUNC highlighted the “musical petting zoo” hosted in LeBauer park, with comments from junior Carley Gerdes. The piece.
- Senior Dixie Ortiz’s research on mentorship and diversity was featured in The Voice of Hispanic Higher Education’s summer 2019 issue.
- As reported by the Environmental News Network, Joel Gunn was a collaborator on new research about ancient societal development. The article.
- Alumna Kathryn Hubert spoke to Fox8 on her impetus for opening her restaurant, Chez Genese. The interview.
- Dr. April Dawkins co-authored new research on e-books in high school libraries, as reported by the American Library Association. The piece.
- Dr. Catherine Bush, a CNNC research fellow, co-authored a research project on plant use in Greensboro Montagnard communities. Read more here.