Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the week:
- A Wall Street Journal article featured research by former HDFS graduate student Dr. Nan Zhou and HDFS faculty member Dr. Cheryl Buehler. The article.
- Professor Steve Haines spoke to the News & Record about music, his career, helming the Miles Davis Jazz Studies Program, and his upcoming album. The interview.
- The Weatherspoon Art Museum’s “Dread & Delight” exhibition, hosted last fall, was reviewed in the Journal of Folklore Research, one of the most prominent journals in its field.
- Yes! Weekly featured graduate student Erin Blackledge’s work to make museums accessible by hosting a speakeasy night at the Greensboro History Museum. The article.
- The research of Dr. Matina Kalcounis-Rueppel and her graduate students on bat calls was highlighted with a UNC TV documentary. The video.
- UNCG Nursing alumnus Ernest Grant was featured on the WUNC Radio’s “The State of Things.” He was also recently the recipient of the International Fire Service Training Association’s 2019 Dr. Anne W. Phillips Award for Leadership in Fire Safety Education.