Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the past weeks:
- UNCG was featured in this report on the PBS Newshour web site. Prospective students in rural areas far from UNCG can take a virtual reality tour of campus through a GEAR UP initiative.
- UNCG is the top university in this story on Universities.com for our intriguing online course Major Concepts in Biology. The course takes its inspiration from the television show “Lost.”
- Fox8 featured UNCG’s relationship with Moss Street School, with comments from Chancellor Gilliam, co-director Christina O’Connor and others. The article.
- The News & Record wrote a feature about the School of Education’s new Inspirational Educators program. The piece.
- UNCG Police Dog Tink is back in action after lung surgery, Fox8 reported here.
- Higher Ed Works Foundation published a feature on the Moss Street school, with commentary from Christina O’Connor, Chancellor Gilliam and attendees and employees of the school. The piece.
- Spectrum News covered the opening of the new Bestway Marketplace in Spartan Village and its impact on the surrounding Glenwood community. The piece.