Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the week.
- Dr. Nicholas Oberlies, a professor of chemistry, is interviewed on the “People Behind the Science” podcast for his research about compounds in fungi to develop cancer-fighting drugs. The article.
- Dr. Nancy Hodges speaks about the recent partnership between the retail company Archroma and UNCG’s Consumer, Apparel and Retail Studies department. The article.
- Dr. Amanda Gale is featured in an article by Interior Design about influences in the profession of interior design. The article.
- Chancellor Franklin Gilliam Jr. talks with News and Record about the High-Speed Education Network Access Pilot at UNCG known as TDI (Technology Data Institute) and how it will impact the Greensboro community. The article.
- Dr. Jennifer Etnier speaks with the American Psychological Association about how exercise benefits the brain. The podcast.
- Dr. Michael Frierson is featured in the Independent Tribune about his film “Fred Chappell: I Am One of You Forever” which will be featured in the RiverRun International Film Festival . The article.
- Dr. Christine Murray is featured in an article by FOX 8 news about signs of an unsafe relationship. The article.