Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the week.
- Dr. Randall Penfield and Dr. Andrew Hamilton are featured in an article by WGHP Fox8 about a new program to help community college teaching students have a smooth transition into attending UNCG. The article.
- Audrey Snyder, associate dean in the School of Nursing at UNCG, is featured in an article by The High Point Enterprise news about how new COVID rules spare you from wearing your mask outdoors and why. The article.
- Holly Jones, professor of English at UNCG, is featured in an interview about her book “Antipodies” with the Colorado Review. Jones speaks on how elements of her book reflect the world and society today. The interview.
- Samantha Harlow, Co-chair for the ULS Professional Development Committee presents a deadline for Proposals for Online Professional Development Presentations. The proposals should be grounded in theory or practice and should have the goal of furthering professional development, knowledge, and practice. The submission.
- Dr. Jeff Jones is featured in an open lecture hosted by the Duke Islamic Studies Center. The lecture focused on The Graveyard of Empire? A comparative view of the Soviet & American Wars in Afghanistan.
- Dr. Dan Perlman, emeritus professor of human development and family studies, is featured in an article about “Why loneliness is increasing, and how to fight back” where he gives a quote about the self-fulling prophecy of being lonely. The article.