Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the week.
- Dr. Audrey Synder is quoted in an article by ABC news about how UNCG has partnered with nurses in the country of Moldova to help care for Ukrainian refugees. The article.
- Stephen Borchik was featured on Fox 8 news after saving a basketball player who went into cardiac arrest after collapsing from conditioning. The feature.
- Dr. Melissa Floyd-Pickard is featured in an article about how offering free naloxone can help fight against the rising opioid epidemic. The article.
- Chancellor Franklin D. Gilliam Jr. is quoted in an article by the Rome News Tribune about the transformative gift by alumna Jeanne Tannenbaum. The quote.
- Dr. Vas Tara is featured in an article by WFMY news about his creation of a pen pal system to speak to children in Ukraine. The article.
- Dr. Kane Smith was featured in an article by WFMY news about the recent increase in cybersecurity attacks in the United States. The article.