Whether researchers with timely insights or students with outstanding stories, members of the UNCG community appear in print, web and broadcast media every day. Here is a sampling of UNCG-related stories in the news and media over the week:
- Yes! Weekly featured the upcoming UNCG Threads fashion show, which will present over 100 new looks by student designers. The article.
- Dr. Nadja Cech spoke to the News & Record about the coaches that helped her prepare for her TEDx presentation. The piece.
- High school senior and future Spartan Cierra Short wrote for her school newspaper about her very helpful meetings with Assistant Director of Admissions Claire King. The piece.
- Dr. Brian McGowan will join Dr. Dan Tillapaugh of CLU on Higher Ed Live to discuss the new book they co-edited, “Men & Masculinities”.
- Fox8 featured the group, including Dr. Jeremy Rinker and Dr. Daniel Rhodes, which is coming together to discuss last year’s fire at the Summit Avenue apartments. The article.
- Kim Record was named one of the Triad Business Journal’s Outstanding Women in Business 2019 (as featured in a recent Campus Weekly). The piece (subscriber content).