The Spartans of Promise awards are given to ten seniors excelling academically and in the UNCG community by the Alumni Association during the Alumni of Distinction Awards dinner during Homecoming.
Know a senior who may be deserving of this honor? Recommend a student.
Spartans of Promise must demonstrate:
- Strong involvement in campus activities
- Proven leadership in service activities
- Passion for UNCG
- A minimum 3.0 GPA
- Completion of 90 credit hours, at least 30 of which are completed at UNCG
– Application deadline for qualifying students is 9/4/2016.
– Applicants chosen as semi finalists notified by 9/20/2016.
– Interviews on 10/1/2016.
– Winners notified on 10/3/2016.
– Winners encouraged to attend Founders Day on 10/5/2016.
– Reception and alumni of Distinction Awards Dinner 10/20/2016.
Faculty, staff and advisers for student groups are encouraged to recommend a student who they think should be considered for the award, by sending a recommendation letter for the student to Crystal Josey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emails will be sent to all recommended students, notifying them that they have been recommended and that they are strongly encouraged to complete the Spartans of Promise Application Form.
For more information and to access the form, click here.
Qualifying students must complete the Spartans of Promise Application Form by Sunday, Sept. 4, 2016.