Open Enrollment will be held Sept. 30 through Oct. 31, 2017. The State Health Plan’s Board of Trustees approved several changes for the 2018 benefit year. You MUST TAKE ACTION during Open Enrollment to avoid an increase in the your monthly premium contribution.
Changes to the NC State Health Plan
Here are a few of the changes included in this year’s NC State Health Plan:
- Eligible employees will be automatically enrolled in the 70/30 Plan and MUST TAKE ACTION to otherwise choose the 80/20 Plan and/or to reduce their premium.
- Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CHDP) is no longer available.
- New Accident Insurance will be offered through NCFlex.
- The only Wellness Premium Credit activity is the Tobacco Attestation. Active members in the 70/30 Plan and 80/20 Plan may reduce the monthly premium by $60 each month by completing the tobacco attestation , attesting to being tobacco-free, or committing to enroll in the QuitlineNC multiple-call program by the end of Open Enrollment. Click HERE for details.
If you participated in Open Enrollment last year, you may have experienced problems logging into the insurance website. UNCG Human Resources and Information Technology Services are excited to announce Single Sign-On for this Open Enrollment. You will be able to log in using your UNCG username and password. Click HERE to log in to the insurance enrollment portal.
How to Get More Information
This year we are offering two types of Open Enrollment sessions: information-only meetings and open enrollment assistance labs:
- Information-Only Meetings : To hear about all of the upcoming changes, information only meetings will thoroughly inform you of your options for 2018.
- No enrollment will take place at these meetings. We encourage you to attend one of the information-only meetings prior to enrolling. Register to attend a 2018 Benefits Information Only Meeting by clicking HERE.
- Open Enrollment Assistance Labs Join our HR Benefits Staff in the computer lab as we walk you through the enrollment process. HR Benefits Staff will be on hand to provide assistance for online enrollment of your 2018 benefits. Prior to attending an enrollment assistance lab, a benefits information-only meeting is recommended (see above). Register for a seat in the 2018 Open Enrollment Assistance Lab by clicking HERE.
NCFlex Open Enrollment Guides will be sent through interoffice mail prior to the start of Open Enrollment. Click HERE to access an electronic version of the guide.
Please contact HR Benefits at (336) 334-5009 or email@example.com if you have additional questions.