To have your announcement appear in Quick Look, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The second “Race and Racism in American History” forum took place on July 21. See the recording here.
- Each year, the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) holds an end-of-year celebration to honor the service and accomplishments of its faculty and staff. Due to COVID-19, this year’s award recipients are honored online here: https://aas.uncg.edu/cas-celebrates-its-faculty-and-staff/
- Alianza, UNC Greensboro’s grassroots organization for Latinx and Hispanic faculty, staff, and students, has been chosen along with 38 groups across the country for the INSIGHT Into Diversity’s First Annual Inspiring Affinity Group Award.
- View resources and contribute to the “Racial Equity at UNCG” website. The site serves as a launching pad for Spartans, community members, and prospective students and families to learn more about our commitment to racial equity.
- The Office of Assessment, Accreditation, & Academic Program Planning moved from 821 South Josephine Boyd St to 224 Mossman on July 8.
- Since the COVID-19 outbreak in March, Spanish faculty members have been active in sharing best practices for online language instruction. In March, Mercedes Freeman, Cathy Lupo, and Dr. Alejandro Hortal led webinars sponsored by Difusión and the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese. Find them here and here. Most recently, in June, Freeman and Lupo led a webinar for the Romance Languages Department at Duke University.
- Faculty and staff can join the SPEARS this year and help welcome new Spartans by handing out masks. Faculty and staff interested in volunteering for a 1-hour shift on August 18, 19, 20, or 21 can sign up via this Google form. Volunteers will be provided everything they need to be a rawkstar SPEAR, including basic training instructions, the famous lime green t-shirt, and a special face covering. For more information, contact Rachel Dodd Blakely in New Student Transitions & First Year Experience at email@example.com.
To find the previous Quick Look, from June 9, 2020, go here.