Spartans, there is just over one week remaining to register for the 2019 Business Affairs Conference.
The conference will be on Oct. 15, 2019, in the School of Education Building. This will be an all-day event; registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Business Affairs is proud to invite the UNCG community to join us for a day of concurrent workshop sessions designed to provide practical training and resources that will support our efforts to meet the exciting challenge of UNCG’s “inflection point!”
The theme of the conference is “Innovation at the Inflection Point.”
This means a transformation in how Business Affairs provides customer service to and engages with our colleagues across campus. These efforts are informed by principles of empowerment through access to information, and engagement through partnership with service providers.
Sessions are tailored to inform, educate, and entertain administrative staff who engage with and do business exchanges with UNCG’s Business Affairs. All staff are welcome
Sessions will include:
- A Purchasing Primer – Panel Discussion
- Career Pathing at the G
- Ergonomics and a Healthy U
- Know Before You Go: Roadtrippers Edition
- Managing Your Funds at UNCG – Panel Discussion
- Onboarding: Employees in Transition
- Simply Stunning: Successful Event Planning
- Stress Less: The Importance of Self-Care
- The Color of Money
- The Employee Life Cycle at UNCG – Panel Discussion
- Your Departmental Wallet: The Budget Guide
The goal is to equip our customers with access to information and the knowledge of how to effectively use this information to meet their departmental objectives. The conference aims to provide practical take-aways while being supported by the theme of innovation throughout all sessions.
Registration (click here) is required to attend and participate.
Registration deadline is Friday, Oct. 11.
Registration = $35 (this fee is to be paid by your department).
- Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Participants will be issued complimentary parking passes for Walker Parking Deck
Participants should expect to reserve the entire day to attend all sessions, lunch, and panel discussions.
For more information visit https://baf.uncg.edu/conference/.