The UNC Greensboro School of Nursing on Thursday will host an online tribute celebrating the life and legacy of its late dean, Dr. Robin Remsburg, who passed away on December 3, 2020, from a long illness. She was 64.
While the School of Nursing had hoped to gather in-person to honor Remsburg, the decision was made to hold an online tribute to prevent the possible spread of the coronavirus.
The tribute will be featured on the School of Nursing’s website and include pre-recorded remarks from members of the UNCG community who considered Remsburg a friend, a colleague, and an inspiration with her passion for educating thousands of nursing students.
The list of speakers includes:
- Chancellor Franklin D. Gilliam, Jr.
- Kim Record, director of athletics
- Dr. Heidi Krowchuk, interim dean of the School of Nursing
- Dr. Pat Chamings, retired dean of the School of Nursing
- Dr. Cherry Callahan, BA ’71, PhD ’87, retired vice chancellor for student affairs
- Dr. Lindsay Draper, MSN/MBA ’16, DNP ’19, clinical assistant professor in the School of Nursing
- Dr. Clyde Bristow III, BSN ’05, MSN ’06, DNP ’17, president of the School of Nursing Alumni Association
- Lenora Harley, School of Nursing Class of 2021 president
Remsburg was a proud Spartan Nurse, earning her Master of Science in Nursing degree with a concentration in Nursing Education from UNCG in 1982. As dean, she grew the Nursing program, increased its enrollment, and championed to get the new Nursing and Instructional Building built on UNCG’s campus.
She was also an avid UNCG basketball fan who cheered court-side during games.