Once again, the UNCG School of Music will come together for a wonderful variety of performances from its many ensembles and guests. See some of the many world-class performances coming in the next two weeks and view the full schedule here.
And, all the ones listed below are free-admission and open to all! Come enjoy the fantastic artistry.
- Nov. 13: Sinfonia: The Sinfonia, a diverse ensemble of major and non-major performers, will present an array of material covering romantic, baroque, classical, and modern works. The group is dedicated to broadening the performance level of its members, and the musical experiences of its audience. 7:30 p.m., Tew Recital Hall.
- Nov. 15: Eric Mandat Portrait Concert: Internationally renowned clarinetist and composer Eric Mandat will be joined by clarinet faculty and students to play a selection of his contemporary clarinet compositions, inspired by jazz and non-western traditional music. 7:30 p.m., Tew Recital Hall.
- Nov. 19: University and Symphonic Bands: The University Band, consisting of dedicated musicians from across campus, and the Symphonic Band, made of 55 music majors, will play a concert with a wide variety of material drawn from multiple traditions. 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium.
- Nov. 21: Wind Ensemble: The wind ensemble, a highly-select concert band of fifty music majors, will be joined by the Panther Creek High School Wind Ensemble for a special concert preceded by a panel that will explore the music of the program. Panel at 6:50 p.m., show at 7:30, UNCG Auditorium.
- Nov. 23: The Difficulties – Faculty and Guest Artist Recital: The Difficulties are a unique trio of musicians and artists who will bring their neo-beat garage gospel and poetry to UNCG at the end of the month. 7:30 p.m., Greensboro Project Space.
- Nov. 24: Choral Ensemble – Harvest Home: Join the UNCG Choir for a night of soaring music at the beautiful and acoustically dynamic First Presbytarian Church in Greensboro. 5 p.m.
- Nov. 25: Symphony Orchestra with Lilla Keith and Ming Liu: Soprano Lilla Keith and conductor Ming Liu will join the UNCG Symphony Orchestra for a night of music, including pieces by Nielsen, Debussy, Bach/Elger, and Sibelius. Pre-concert discussion 6:50 p.m., performance 7:30 p.m., UNCG Auditorium.