UNC Greensboro has joined the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) as an institutional member. The NCFDD is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, post-docs, and graduate students.
The center provides the following virtual programs:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly core curriculum webinars
- Monthly guest speaker webinars
- Access to multi-week courses
- Access to dissertation success curriculum for graduate students
- Private discussion forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, and moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-day writing challenges
- Access to member library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
To create your account that permits you to access this Institutional Membership, complete the following steps:
1) Go to http://www.facultydiversity.
2) Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
3) Select “Activate my Membership”
4) Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @InstitutionalEmail.edu)
5) Go to your institution email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
In addition, please note two upcoming deadlines:
First, on Thursday, November 21, 2019, from 12:00pm-1:30pm ET Lisa Hanasono, PhD, is facilitating Making the Most of your NCFDD Membership: Exploring Classic and Creative New Ways to Advance Your Professional Development. In this webinar, Dr. Hanasono will discuss how individuals and institutions can use the NCFDD’s resources in creative, clever, and collaborative ways to encourage faculty members, post docs, and graduate students to advance their careers and thrive in academia. You may register by following the link here.
Second is registration for the Spring 2020 Faculty Success
Program that runs from January 19 to April 11. Being an institutional member reduces the registration fee by $500. Registration closes on November 22, 2019.
If you have any questions about the membership, please contact: Terri Shelton, Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.