Open Enrollment will be held through October 31, 2017. Here are a few of the State Health Plan changes for coverage beginning January 1, 2018.
NC State Health Plan Reminders:
- Eligible employees will be automatically enrolled in the 70/30 Plan and
- MUST TAKE ACTION to choose the 80/20 Plan and/or to reduce their premium.
- Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CHDP) is no longer available.
- The only Wellness Premium Credit activity is the Tobacco Attestation. Active members in the 70/30 Plan and 80/20 Plan may reduce the monthly premium by $60 each month by attesting to being tobacco-free, or committing to enroll in the QuitlineNC multiple-call program by the end of Open Enrollment. Click HERE for details.
NCFlex Changes and Reminders:
- The Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) require re-enrollment every year. If you want to participate in either or both of the FSAs, you must make your election during Open Enrollment.
- Effective for the 2018 plan year, any unused Health Care FSA funds up to $500 can now be rolled over into the 2019 plan year, as long as you have a minimum balance of $25.
- Beginning in January 2018 , you can use the NCFlex Convenience Card to pay for eligible dependent care expenses, up to the amount available in your account.
- Premiums for the Dental High Option will be lower in 2018.
- EyeMed Vision Care replaces Superior Vision as the new vision vendor, offering a larger network of providers and lower premiums for 2018.
- Under V ision coverage, the Enhanced Plan will have a higher frame allowance of $200 and contact lens allowance of $175.
- New Accident Insurance will be offered through NCFlex.
- Click HERE to access an electronic version of the NCFlex Enrollment Guide.
If you participated in Open Enrollment last year, you may have experienced problems logging into the insurance website. UNCG Human Resources and Information Technology Services are excited to announce Single Sign-On for this Open Enrollment! You will be able to log in using your UNCG username and password. For Single Sign-On access click HERE.
How to Get More Information
Open Enrollment Assistance Labs – Join our HR Benefits Staff in the computer lab as we walk you through the 2018 enrollment process. Staff will be on hand to provide assistance for online enrollment of your 2018 benefits and to answer any questions you may have. Register for a seat in the 2018 Open Enrollment Assistance Lab by clicking HERE.
Please contact HR Benefits at (336) 334-5009 or email@example.com if you have questions.