Mental health screenings for children ages 3-17 will be offered with no charge this month on Wednesdays 9-11 a.m. and 3-6 p.m.
The clinic is located on the corner of Tate and Market St. at 1100 W. Market Street.
On Wednesday Oct. 16, 23, and 30th, the UNCG Psychology Clinic will be open for walk-in mental health screenings. Caregivers who have concerns about a child’s behavioral or emotional well-being can complete screenings without prior appointments at these times. All therapists conducting screenings are supervised by licensed clinical psychologists who are faculty in the UNCG Department of Psychology. Beginning Oct. 15, UNCG employees receive a 50 percent discount on any fees associated with treatment at our clinic after the screening appointment.
- Your child does not have to attend the screening – you may come alone or with another family member.
- Screenings last approximately 45 minutes
- Caregivers complete paperwork and a brief questionnaire about their child’s behavior
- Caregivers briefly discuss concerns and child’s history
- Therapists provide information about available services
If you are unavailable during Walk-In Wednesday times, call the clinic secretary at 334-5662 to schedule a free screening on another day of the week. The clinic is open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
More information is at www.uncg.edu/psy/clinics/psy/